Private Vianney Cenacles - 3 Sample Cenacles
The Foundation of Prayer for Priests offers these examples as suggestions to help foster intercessory prayer for priests in small groups.
We ask that all new Vianney Cenacles register with FPP by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registerd groups receive tips, updates, and are included in an annual report composed by FPP for the Congregation for the Clergy.
Example #1 - Meeting in a Parish
- An adult group meeting at the parish sets up their meeting space by placing a statue of St. John Vianney or the Blessed Virgin Mary in their midst.
- The group begins their meeting by invoking the Holy Spirit and praying for the intercession of our Blessed Mother and St. John Vianney.
- Prayer intentions are shared for those clergy and seminarians that the Holy Spirit has brought to mind for intercession (5 min.)
- The group discusses and reflects upon a reading from Eucharistic Adoration for the Sanctification of Priests and Spiritual Maternity (10 min.)
- The group prays a Divine Mercy Chaplet together for their parish priests and bishop (10 min.)
- The group prays a Scriptural Rosary for Vocations taken from the book Praying for Priests: A Mission for the New Evangelization (25 min.)
- The group enjoys some fellowship (10 min.) before departing
- Total meeting time - 60 minutes
Example #2 - Adults Meeting in a Home
- An adult group meeting at the house of one of the members comes together in a living room and enjoys fellowship (10 min.)
- A group member lights a candle, and the group begins by invoking the Holy Spirit and praying to Jesus, our Blessed Mother, St. Catherine of Siena and Ven. Fulton Sheen.
- The group discusses an assigned chapter from A Priest is Not His Own by Ven. Fulton Sheen (20 min.)
- Prayer intentions are shared (5 min.)
- The group prays a Divine Mercy Chaplet together for their parish priest and bishop (10 min.)
- The group prays a special Rosary of Intercession for Priests while listening to the CD In Memory of Me by Fr. Kevin Scallon C.M. Or the group prays the Scriptural Rosary for Priests from the book Praying for Priests: A Mission for the New Evangelization (20 min.)
- The group enjoys some more fellowship (10 min.) before departing
- Total meeting time - 75 minutes
Example #3 - Family Meeting in a Home
- A family meets in the family room of their home, where a crucifix hangs on the wall. The children have brought prayer cards and rosaries.
- The family begins their meeting by invoking the Holy Spirit and asking for the intercession of our Blessed Mother and the guardian angels of all family members present.
- The parents ask the children why they think it's important to pray for others, and offer a basic catechesis on prayer, drawing from the book The Little Oratory: A Beginner's Guide to Praying in the Home by David Clayton and Leila Marie Lawler. (15 min.)
- The family prays a Rosary together for their pastor and a prayer of thanksgiving (20 min.)
- Total meeting time - 35 minutes